re: HEADS UP: plan to switch many ports over to GCC 12 soon

> > m68000 doesn't yet build fully,
>
> Only libasan is currently broken. With attached patch, I've
> confirmed libasan successfully builds, and system boots
> multiuser on TME.
>
> I've never tested asan on sun2, as it does not work anyway.
> Also, affects of this patch for other m68k ports are not
> even compile-tested...
>
> For sun2, GCC cannot build natively for years. It may be
> better just to disable asan for m68000.

i don't think we should bother trying to make asan work on
sun2.  will need some minor makefile/sets updates to make it
possible to not build sanitizers at all, and it needs a name
as we already have MKSANITIZER, which turns on _linking the
build with a sanitzer_, so i was thinking MKGCCSANITIZER
would turn off building the GCC sanitizer libraries.

(there _could_ be a use-case for building apps cross for
running on the host, but someone else can do that ;)

thanks.

.mrg.

ps: it's possible your patch is good and fixes a bug in the
existing options -fno-jump-tables / -mlong-jump-table-offsets
that seem to work for m68k building sanitizers, but should
be gated upon _those options_?  maybe ask upstream ;)