Re: bootable mac68k iso (Was: Tools mkhybrid(8) for mac68k/macppc ISO9660/HFS install ISO images

abs@ wrote:

> > As you wrote another message, mac68k one should work
> > if the previous external mkisofs version has worked.
>
> OK, so releng have confirmed the changes to include the mac68k ISO
> image are being deployed to the autobuild cluster, so bootable mac68k
> ISO images should start showing up on https://nycdn.netbsd.org/ soon

I guess we still need to consider the following (lower priority) items:

- maybe debug.tgz and xdebug.tgz should be excluded from ISO
  to avoid 700MB overflow
  (I'm not sure if src/etc/Makefile can handle it, but -m option
   of mkhybrid(8) should work)

- we should prepare an intermediate target on creating iso
  by mkhybrid, rather than to specify ${RELEASEDIR}/images/NetBSD-foo.iso
  as an output image directly (especially for macppc that needs
   ${TOOL_MACPPCINSTALLBOOT} in "iso-image-md-post" process)

- rename targets like "iso-image" "do-iso-image" "iso-image-setup" etc.
  in src/etc/Makefile to explicitly denote "to create special
  ISO9660/HFS hybrid ISO images only for Mac ports"?

- also change ${MKISOFS} and ${MKISOFS_FLAGS} to ${TOOL_MKHYBRID}
  and ${MKHYBRID_FLAGS}, if we will no longer use external and
  newer ${MKISOFS} for other ports
  (at least I didn't bother to pull "-eltorito-boot-efi" option
   into our tools mkhybrid(8) to avoid unnecessary conflicts)

> (at which point anyone with a spare 68k mac & a CD writer will be
> extremely welcome to help test :)

ISO images using BlueSCSI v2 work fine on (fragile) mesh SCSI
on my Apus2000.  I wonder if it's also tested on 68k Macs
with 53C94 and 5380 etc.
(though BlueSCSI v1.2 doesn't work on mesh SCSI)

---
Izumi Tsutsui