Re: [and paxctl] RT linker, rpath and security

On Thu, May 11, 2023 at 12:29:43PM +0200, tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost wrote:

> I can add a /home/Someone directory in the rpath that is only writable
> by Someone. If I have access to Someone's account, I do whatever
> I want.
>
> What you are saying is that ALL directories should be read-only. And
> this must include mounted mfs ones.

No, I did not say anything like that. I talked about (un)trusted paths.
If you add /home/Someone in your scenario you have to trust Someone.

What makes this different to your shell's $PATH settings? Should we modify
/bin/sh to filter that based on directory ownership and access rights?

Martin