Re: RT linker, rpath and security

On Thu 11 May 2023 at 10:22:08 +0200, tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost wrote:
> Does ELF have a variant that enforces specifying the "full" pathname of a
> library to be loaded ("full" but only relative to sysroot if this is supported)?

Yes, it is possible to specify the full path name of a library instead
of merely the soname. I have argued for this before and you might find
some mails from me in (probably) current-users where I experiment with
that a bit.

-Olaf.
--
___ "Buying carbon credits is a bit like a serial killer paying someone else to
\X/  have kids to make his activity cost neutral." -The BOFH    falu.nl@rhialto