Re: Enabling 68K a.out/COFF support in tools?

> Does anyone have any pointers for what I'd have to tweak to enable
> a.out & COFF formats in the NetBSD toolchain (for 68K at least)
> so I can just rebuild that and get a toolchain that can both build
> NetBSD 9 for sun3 and also objdump and compile and link
> SunOS-compatible binaries?

binutils has removed m68k-a.out and m68k-coff support since 2.31:
 https://sourceware.org/git/?p=binutils-gdb.git;a=commit;h=dc12032bca08554cf0a72d224e44f755f7789ff3

Using tools from netbsd-8 (i.e. binutils-2.27) should work.
(I used it to disassemble a.out-hp300hpux binaries)
 https://gist.github.com/tsutsui/2be834e6b3ab56cb6ac4476dc66b9c27

---
Izumi Tsutsui