Re: Gimp does not build on macppc: No space available for static Thread Local Storage

So assuming this is gegl doing a massive ammount of dlopen/dlclose
and the modules involving libstdc++, and our ld.elf_so not being smart
enough to actually free TLS indices on module unload, the main question
that remains is: why is libstdc++ using static TLS inits?

It is not a local build issue:

How to reproduce:

 > cd /tmp
 > ftp http://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/latest/macppc/binary/sets/base.tgz
 > tar xvzf base.tgz usr/lib/libstdc++.so.9.0
 > powerpc--netbsd-objdump -R usr/lib/libstdc++.so.9.0  | fgrep -i dtp
00220b44 R_PPC_DTPMOD32    _ZSt11__once_call@@GLIBCXX_3.4.11
00220b48 R_PPC_DTPREL32    _ZSt11__once_call@@GLIBCXX_3.4.11
00220b4c R_PPC_DTPMOD32    _ZSt15__once_callable@@GLIBCXX_3.4.11
00220b50 R_PPC_DTPREL32    _ZSt15__once_callable@@GLIBCXX_3.4.11
00220b54 R_PPC_DTPMOD32    *ABS*

The R_PPC_DTPMOD32 are harmless, but the R_PPC_DTPREL32 will trigger that
(eventually) failing allocation.

Martin