Re: Proposal: change requirement for tools from C89 to C99

Am Sun, Jan 30, 2022 at 10:12:47PM +0100 schrieb Roland Illig:
> I therefore propose to require C99 instead of C89 as the baseline
> standard for everything in tools/.

In terms of practical availability, Microsoft was about the last
compiler anyone cared about without full C99 support. That changed as
side effect of the C++11 support, so I don't see any reason to cater to
pre-C99 compilers at this point. Chances are very high that you wouldn't
be able to compile either GCC or Clang in those environments anyway.

Joerg