Re: I need support with a planned POSIX make extension

    Date:        Mon, 12 Jul 2021 19:30:29 +0200
    From:        Roland Illig <roland.illig%gmx.de@localhost>

  | Could you perhaps tell me where exacty "POSIX introduced ::="?

Technically, it hasn't happened yet, but is included in the draft
for the next (major) revision of the standard, due probably sometime
next year (but when it appears all depends upon when it gets finished,
just like NetBSD-10 ...)

  | I looked
  | in https://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/utilities/make.html
  | and could not find a single mention of ":=", even less "::=".

That's the current standard.

You can see the bug report that caused the introduction, and the
text that was agreed to be added in

https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=330

Though there are a couple more, more recent, bus that probably modify
that a bit.

kre