Re: alpha stack alignment: 8- or 16-byte

> On Jul 5, 2021, at 7:09 AM, Rin Okuyama <rokuyama.rk%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> (1) Align sp to 8-byte boundary: keep our kernel and libraries as well,
>    and fix GCC, or
>
> (2) Align sp to 16-byte boundary: fix our kernel and libraries.

My preference is (2).  The kernel already does this for its own functions in locore.s (look for the functions declared NESTED).

This should take care of the kernel portion of the change:

	https://www.netbsd.org/~thorpej/alpha-stack-patch.txt

The only libc routine that looks broken to me is swapcontext() (it pushes a 24-byte stack frame).  Do you see any other broken ones?

-- thorpej