How out of date is "netbsdpe"?

When working on patches for GCC and Binutils to change the meaning of "netbsd" in configs to mean ELF rather than a.out as discussed in the other thread, I noticed there was also a "netbsdpe" in a few places.

I assume this stands for "NetBSD Portable Executable". Has this been supported any time in recent memory? (My background knowledge is that the time-frame of other non-Windows OSes trying out PE was very brief and long ago.)