Re: On upgrading elftoolchain in src/

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 06:37:37PM -0400, Christos Zoulas wrote:
 > > Agreed, more compatibility across the BSDs would be a good thing.
 >
 > Agreed, having a standard header for elf definitions is a good thing!

Indeed, but that also means it should have a standard place for client
programs to get it from, and that place should probably be
<elfdefinitions.h> rather than <sys/elfdefinitions.h>, especially if
anything's already using the former name.

That doesn't mean it can't _live_ in sys/; installing a symlink like
the one for stdbool.h is a reasonable proposition.

(sometime when we finally move away from CVS the kernel/libc include
sharing will get rationalized...)

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost