Re: proposal: remove traditional C support from lint

On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 09:01:47AM +0100, Roland Illig wrote:
> Another thing is to check for GNU-specific C features such as
> __FUNCTION__ (which is easy to avoid in C99), ({...}), array
> initialization with [a...b], and so on.  I don't think even GCC can
> reliably detect these.

Doesn't lint currently fail to check C on NetBSD unless you enable
GNU extensions (-g) and "C9X mode" (-S)? I found it would always error
on the system headers, which is really confusing default behaviour,
especially on a BSD system where the system is supposed to be developed
as a single unit.