Re: proposal: remove traditional C support from lint

On Wed, 17 Mar 2021 00:55:03 +0100, Roland Illig wrote:
> when I run lint with the -t flag for traditional C (which means before
> C90), I always get these warnings:
>
> [...]

> Any objections to removing the -t flag and everything that belongs to it?

It seems to me the flag does what's advertised.

As Valery said, modern compilers do well on their own, so the question
would be whether being able to lint validate code as K&R compliant is
of any value.

OTOH, I guess I‘ve seen too many people trying to be productive by
removing features that _they_ don't need...

Cheerio,
Hauke

--
Hauke Fath                        <hauke%Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE@localhost>