Re: ASAN and dhcpcd with privilege separation

On Sun, Jan 31, 2021 at 02:56:28AM +0000, Roy Marples wrote:
> Now we get errors!
> dhcpcd does not use threading at all, it's all many single processes.
> Why does this not work for dhcpcd privilege separation? Anyone have an idea
> on how to resolve this?

But it uses multiple processes and maybe you don't see the output from others?

Google suggests something like:

export ASAN_OPTIONS="log_path=/tmp/asan.log" dhcpcd

but I am not sure our version of the sanitziers already support that.
You may find others ways to reliably capture stderr/stdout of the various
processes by changing code though, or simply ktrace -i the whole thing.

But this is just a guess, and maybe something totally different is going on.

Martin