Re: warning from make(1) about unclosed variable

> I would go ahead and make it an error. Anything it breaks is easily
> fixed.
Yes. It's even worse when you accidently do
	echo ${CLOSED)
where I actually don't know how make(1) interprets this -- it neither expands CLOSED nor CLOSED) (if you write ${CLOSED)}, it does expand CLOSED) ), the result is simply nothing.

> I think it's because make is a mess inside
I'm under the impression someone is currently re-writing half of it anyway (in a non-portable language).