Validation and improvements of debugging interfaces

In the past month, I have introduced correctness and reliability of
tracing processes in the kernel codebase.
I took part in BSDCan 2019 and during the event wrote a NetBSD version
of truss, a ptrace(2)-powered syscall tracing utility from FreeBSD. I've
finished the port after getting back home and published it to the NetBSD
community. This work allowed me to validate the ptrace(2) interfaces in
another application and catch new problems that affect every
ptrace(2)-based debugger.

http://blog.netbsd.org/tnf/entry/validation_and_improvements_of_debugging

Plan for the next milestone

Cover with regression tests the posix_spawn(2) interface, if needed
correct the kernel code. This will be followed by resolving the
use-after-free scenarios in vfork(2). This is expected to accomplish the
tasks related to forking code.

My next goal on the roadmap is to return to LWP (threading) code and fix
all currently known problems.

Independently I will keep supporting the work on kernel fuzzing projects
within the GSoC context.

This work was sponsored by The NetBSD Foundation.