Re: netbsd-8 build failing with newer clang

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 06:05:30PM +0700, Robert Elz wrote:
>     Date:        Mon, 22 Oct 2018 10:40:09 +0200
>     From:        Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost>
>
>   | On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 09:51:30PM +0000, coypu%sdf.org@localhost wrote:
>   | > newer clang defaults to c++11, newer clang++ makes
>   | > -Wreserved-user-defined-literal fatal by default.
>   | > For when people inevitably complain about it here, the diff to netbsd-8
>   | > to fix it is probably something like this (or maybe use older C++)
>   | Can you show the error message? Are there lots of them? Where?
>
> What is the code that generates this error?   Is this something that has
> always been stupid, or is it something that the C standards people have
> decided need not work any more, even though it has been C idiom
> forever (and working fine.) ?
>
> kre

It's C++11 requiring spaces between literals, e.g. this code fails:

#include <cstdio>

#define THREE "3"

int main (void)
{
  printf("ASDF"THREE);
  return 0;
}

I understand it is fixed on newer GCC, and they added spaces, so we are good.
but not in netbsd-8's copy of GCC. Someone tried to build it on FreeBSD
and failed. The report was on IRC.
I am sending an email because I was too lazy to checkout netbsd-8 and
figure out how to build with a non default compiler.
but I guess I can just do it.