Re: Reproducible builds with local changes

On Aug 16,  3:33pm, aymericvincent%free.fr@localhost (Aymeric Vincent) wrote:
-- Subject: Re: Reproducible builds with local changes

| Ouch. This is completely broken for no purpose. A "cvs up"dated tree
| requires no "fixing"; cvslatest(1) does.
|
| The patch I sent just makes things work. What's wrong with it?

You have turned on reproducible builds. Your builds are not going
to be reproducible because you have locally modified code. Either
turn off MKREPRO or provide a clean tree. The code fails on modified
trees by design... It does not fail all the time (because it is too
costly to check for a modified tree with CVS) but it does fail in
the most glaring cases. Why are you using MKREPRO anyway?

christos