Re: LLVM 6.0 upgrade plan

On 03.03.2018 19:46, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 03, 2018 at 05:06:03PM +0100, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
>> While there, how about an upgrade of LLVM libunwind
>> (src/sys/lib/libunwind/)?
>
> We do *not* use LLVM's libunwind, but a fork of the original Apple code.
>
> Joerg

I see.

As far as I can guess, we keep using LLVM in base because of MESA.

I still need to get updated LLVM+Clang(+libcxx..), preferably with
inclusion of compiler-rt. This is a prerequisite for the libFuzzer GSoC
proposal to arrange at least a branch for the further work.

Is this viable? If not, we will try to prepare this in a git fork+branch
on our own.