Re: [lldb-dev] The LLVM Sanitizers stage accomplished

Thanks!

The general goal of mine with the LLVM & surrounding work is to turn on
all the features and to enable the execution of regular tests.

Building and testing LLDB or other software, on a buildbot, under LLVM
Sanitizers has not been planned and is beyond the scope with the current
resources.

I must mention that it is possible and it would be a great goal to
achieve. First we would need to accomplish the goals mentioned in the
blog entry "Future directions and goals". In general while in the
current GNU/Linux distributions it's non-trivial to integrate sanitizers
(see:
http://dev.chromium.org/developers/testing/instrumented-libraries-for-dynamic-tools
or https://github.com/google/sanitizers/wiki/MemorySanitizerLibcxxHowTo
) it's relatively simple in an Operating System distribution such as NetBSD.

Just turn a global distribution option like "MKSANITIZER=Thread" or
"MemoryWithOrigins", build the userland and we are ready to go. To name
a few dependencies of LLDB will get ready to use out-of-the-box
libraries for *San: -lkvm, -ledit, -lterminfo, -lcurses, -lform,
-lpanel, -lz, -lelf, -l[std]c++, -lpython, -lxml.

Getting this finished is a lot of work in the current circumstances and
if we could get interest and help (namely more people aboard working on
it) from e.g. Chromium guys to build such infrastructure - I will ensure
to make it happen.