Re: Toolifying nbmake properly?

On Tue, Jan 09, 2018 at 16:20:12 +0300, Valery Ushakov wrote:

> Surprisingly, we don't properly build nbmake as a tool.
>
> $TOOLDIR/bin/nbmake still defaults to host's mk files...

Actually, turns out we do try to build nbmake with the right
_PATH_DEFSYSPATH; we just do it wrong and sometimes fail.

build.sh rebuildmake() calls tools/make/configure with

  CPPFLAGS="${HOST_CPPFLAGS} -D_PATH_DEFSYSPATH="'\"'${NETBSDSRCDIR}/share/mk'\"'

in the environment, but buildmake.sh.in template for the configure
uses it only as a fallback:

  : ${HOST_CFLAGS="@CPPFLAGS@ @CFLAGS@"}

Since I do set HOST_CFLAGS in my build.sh wrapper, -D_PATH_DEFSYSPATH
is lost.  And since I use that wrapper everywhere, I have no log files
anywhere where I could see that -D_PATH_DEFSYSPATH.  Thanks to mrg@
for noticing that -D and wondering out loud about this.

-uwe