Re: HOSTPROG

On Mon, Apr 03, 2017 at 08:32:06PM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> While the intent intent seems to be to only add --sysroot when cross
> compiling (i.e., not when building a native tool or library), I'm
> finding that, instead, --sysroot is always added, only to have
> tools/Makefile.host strip it off with:

No, DESTDIR is not only set for cross builds, but also for unprileged
native builds. We do want the headers from the new DESTDIR, unless
we are building (as root) to / directly (which only is semi-supported,
but usually works for updates when the host system is not too old compared
to the new sources).

When compiling in the HOST environment, we never want explicit --sysroot
(so we get that installs native paths/headers).

Martin