Re: introduce OBJMACHINE_ARCH

On Wed, Dec 07, 2016 at 12:44:10AM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> >which gives me that feature without any source code changes and
> >it works going back to when MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX was added.

I use a very similar aproach to mrg's (a wrapper script around build.sh
that sets -M depending on the requested arch)

> - this does not put the objdir in the tree.

This is a plus!

> - it needs an external environment variable setup which is specific
>   for each tree.

The nbmake-${arch} wrapper remembers it, so no need to keep the variable
around afterwards.

Anyway, I am not sure I understood what you are trying to do. We could
modify the default objdir (if no -O and no -M options are given to build.sh)
to fully include ${MACHINE_ARCH} without patching make, can't we?

Martin