Re: -current gcc optimizations and XEmacs

On Fri, 28 Oct 2016 11:41:30 +0200, Hauke Fath wrote:
> I am having problems building editors/xemacs on a -current amd64 system
[...]

Jörg's suggestion to build with '-fno-builtin' on gcc 5.x brought
editors/xemacs{,-current} back to life. I added a hacks.mk for the two
packages.

There wasn't an obvious place to slip in a build option just for
src/gmalloc.c, so I applied -fno-builtin globally. Restricting to
'-fno-builtin-malloc -fno-builtin-calloc' etc. didn't help, either.

Thanks!

hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344