Re: --enable-new-dtags

On Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 07:12:12PM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> I've removed this from sdl2-config for now, but I'd like to understand
> the problem. Can someone explain please?

Original SYSV ELF defined a stupid order for rpath vs LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
Some systems decided to implement the sane behavior from the start, some
systems decided to introduce a second set of ELF header entries for it.
GNU libc belongs into the latter category. Now they can't just fix the
GCC specs for some reasons, so every moronic piece of software contains
this junk. I think we should patch our binutils to fail explicitly on
them...

Joerg