Re: GDB single-step fails on alpha (Re: CVS commit: src/share/mk)

On 2016/10/30 1:59, Martin Husemann wrote:
Yes, it works when using -O0 but not when using -O2.

Anyway, separate issue - I'll commit your patch and we can improve the
situation later.

Thank you for your commit.

I guessed this is a problem related to separate v.s. embedded debugging
symbols. But that's wrong. As you pointed out, this is a problem with
-O0 v.s. -O2. GCC -O2 emits extra debugging information, which seems to
confuse GDB. I will examine what actually happens by comparing with other
architectures.

Rin