Re: config(1) and wedges

On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 06:59:41PM +0000, David Holland wrote:
> Two options have come up for fixing this, with the following syntax:
>    (a) config netbsd root on "wedge:foo" ...
>    (b) config netbsd root on wedge foo ...

Go for (b) - the internal "wedge:" encoding should not be exposed here IMHO.

I use:

config          netbsd          root on wedge "Guru-Root" type ffs

on my evbarm (GuruPlug) machine where I recently replaced the root disk
with a 3 TB GPT labeld one (and u-boot does not pass any boot device,
which is unrelated to the root device in this case anyway).

Martin

P.S.: the feature is way cool and very simple - now we can finaly wire
everything by GPT label. I wish boot.cfg would gain a rootdevice option
to set it, then we could even use it with GENERIC kernels (but that is
off-topic here)