Re: Avoiding #define uint8_t (and similar) in stdint.h

On Dec 18, 2014, at 1:22 PM, Martin Husemann wrote:

I think I have discussed this issue with some folks here (apb? christos?)
some time ago, but I can't find any traces of the discussion right now -
so let me try to start from scratch:

I believe this is the thread you are referring to?

Alan's suggestion was to use something like the following:

       #ifndef uint16_t
        typedef __uint16_t uint16_t;
        #define uint16_t   uint16_t
        #endif

I think I tried it to solve the immediate problem I was having and didn't get back to the bigger picture of testing the general switch.

Cheers,
Brook