Re: Changing make(1) behavior: do not add inferred dependencies on non-inferred targets

After reading this, I hope you understand why I said that at least I
will never re-implement this feature.  Or bug, as I should really say,
because it is in my opinion crystal clear that this does more harm
than it could ever do good.

 1) make must never make targets that are not needed
 2) make must never re-make targets unnecessarily
 3) users should not be allowed to write makefiles with incomplete
    dependencies and expect them to work.

--
Jarmo Jaakkola