gdb with python support?

Hi!

I wanted to have a gdb with python support, so I tried adding all
NetBSD patches from src to wip/gdb (which is currently 7.6.1, the same
version as NetBSD). However, when I use the resulting gdb on files, it
doesn't recognize the format:

# /usr/pkg/bin/gdb /bin/ls
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.6.1
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64--netbsd".
"/bin/ls": not in executable format: Bad value
(gdb)

and the self-tests aren't happy either. (Neither works better for me
with an unmodified wip/gdb).

Diff against current wip package attached. Any ideas how to improve
that?

While look at that, I noticed that gdb mknative could do with a
re-run. When I run configure for the package on amd64/current, I have
some diffs (diff current new).

E.g. for libiberty/config.h:
172c168
< /* #undef HAVE_MKSTEMPS */
---
> #define HAVE_MKSTEMPS 1
451c447
< #define STACK_DIRECTION 0
---
> #define STACK_DIRECTION -1

gdb/build-gnulib:
411c407
< #define HAVE_WORKING_O_NOFOLLOW 0
---
> #define HAVE_WORKING_O_NOFOLLOW 1

The one for libdecnumber is huge, I don't know what happened there;
on the other hand, it has a comment that says:
< /* config.h.in.  Maintained by hand. */

 Thomas