Re: [Greg Troxel] CVS commit: src/external/gpl3/gdb/lib/libsim

On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 09:35:46PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
 > (This is about the build system, and -toolchain seems closest.)
 >
 > I have found several Makefiles to use "cp [mumble] ${.TARGET}".  This
 > assumes, the second time it is run, that the copied file will be
 > writable.  But if one is using CVSREAD+t, or has the sources 44 for some
 > reason, it won't be.   So I wonder if we need ${CP} variable that
 > expands to cp -f, or if all cp should get -f added.

If ${.TARGET} is in the source dir, it should not be doing that at
all, -f or otherwise... if it isn't, the file shouldn't come out
unwriteable. Or so I'd think.

Or is the problem that cp is copying to the build tree but inheriting
the permissions from the source copy? Maybe chmod explicitly after
copying is a better solution then.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost