Re: MKLINT=no

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 05:14:43PM +0000, David Holland wrote:
 >  > Based on all this, I want to stop wasting my time on "fallout" from lint
 >  > and disable it by default.
 >
 > As I've said before too, I don't think it should be removed (or
 > disabled) until an alternate is available.

I have committed some initial stuff towards an alternate, since as of
the last time we looked neither of the off-the-shelf alternates
(split, sparse) seemed very promising.

this is not enough to do anything with yet, nor is there enough yet
for anyone else to contribute, but maybe before not too much longer.

(There are many probably more important things I ought to be working
on, but my head is too far into compiler space the last couple weeks
to do kernel hacking...)

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost