Re: make: dynamic scaling of maxJobs ?

On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 05:18:09PM -0700, Simon J. Gerraty wrote:
 > I renamed the operative variables so that they can be set in the
 > environment.
 > This makes it easy to impose this strategy on old branches that know
 > nothing of it, this is likely the most useful approach.
 > Only level 0 make will pay attention - since it would be a bad idea for
 > more than one instance of make to attempt to adjust the token pool.

It still seems to me that this is a hack and neither the right
interface for the long term nor something we want to support in the
long term.

And (again? I forget, I've been kind of distracted lately) what about
other programs that also support the -j idiom?

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost