Re: [patch] update share/man/man5/mk.conf.5

On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 08:00:44PM +0530, Joseph Koshy wrote:
> The attached patch adds documentation for the following build knobs to
> the mk.conf(5) manual page: EXTSRCSRCDIR, MKARZERO, MKBSDTAR,
> MKCLEANSRC, MKCLEANVERIFY, MKCOMPAT, MKDTRACE, MKEXTSRC, MKLVM,
> MKMANDOC, MKNPF, MKPIGZGZIP, MKREPRO, MKRUMP, MKX11FONTS and MKZFS.

EXTSRCSRCDIR and MKEXTSRC: Not sure if they are functional, so I wouldn't
add them.

MKARZERO: I consider this an implementation detail of MKREPRO, it should be
considered for g/c.

MKBSDTAR: If set to yes, the libarchive based cpio and tar versions are
used. Otherwise the pax frontends are active. Or something like that.

MKCOMPAT: ... whether support for multiple ABIs ... ?

MKMANDOC: Do we want to keep it or drop it and associated complications?
It's been the default for a while now.

Rest looks fine.

While here, maybe add:

HAVE_GCC = version (e.g. 41, 45), shows that this version of gcc is
available for building. Can be set together with MKGCC=no, when building
headers etc is still desirable.

Joerg