Re: make -V

On Mon, 6 Aug 2012, Simon Gerraty wrote:

> So I've been wondering if it would make sense to change the ability to
> get the raw value into a debug option.

I don't like the thought of changing the result of options that are
already present, since it is not beyond conceivable that doing so would
break somebodys setup somewhere..

but I agree that -V can be a bit irritating, and providing a modifier to
cause it to produce the expanded value directly does sound useful. (ie
just have -dV switch modify the -V output rather than produce an output
itself)

Is it possible to produce an expansion with all intermediate steps?

iain