Re: Building NetBSD without gcc

On Mon, 9 Jan 2012, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 09, 2012 at 10:22:20AM -0600, Daniel Loffgren wrote:
> > I have been working on getting NetBSD to compile without gcc, and was
> > making good progress on 5.1, but decided to move over to current.
>
> Well, with a few marked exceptions, x86 world builds fine with clang.
> No idea about the state of PCC.

there are still issues outstanding with pcc, it is work in progress

I use "make HAVE_PCC=" to enable the pcc compiler though I think this is
deprecated somehow

(and, it used to be that HAVE_GCC was disabled by this, but these days
HAVE_GCC is always defined, which is a bug -- I don't know who understands
this stuff and how its supposed to work. Jörg wrote the
AVAILABLE_COMPILERS stuff and Matthew Green broke the HAVE_GCC thing, as I
recall)

iain