Re: Initial LLVM/clang patch

On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 05:45:56PM +0100, Matthias Drochner wrote:

> joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost said:
> > The biggest issue with that right now is libgcc and libstdc++ -- I'm
> > not sure of the legal implications of building either with !GCC...
>
> Did you try the stuff in "compiler-rt" in the llvm repository?
> There is also some "libcxx" as libstdc++ replacement, but it seems
> that this is still under heavy development.

I am aware of both. compiler-rt can be used to replace most of libgcc,
it will need some testing. IIRC FreeBSD run into some issues on MIPS for
example.

libcxx is currently not an option as replacement for libstdc++:
(1) It doesn't provide the equivalent of libsupc++. There is currently
no Open Source alternative.

(2) Last time I checked it depended heavily on POSIX 2008 locale
support, which we don't have. An alternative is stdcxx from ASF (under
Apache 2.0 license). I have that one working in a different tree.

Joerg