Re: EH handling and PR/39986

On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 08:37:58AM +0000, Nick Hudson wrote:

>       - Any compiler that requires the calls can define USE_EHREGISTER so that
>         crt{begin,end} will have the calls restored. This is only a "problem"
>         for i386/amd64 which uses the BSD licensed crt{begin,end}.
>
>       - gcc crt{begin,end} will dtrt after mknative update.

I don't think the conditionals are really needed. What compilers are we
talking about? Basically, this requires:
(a) A compiler that provides a C++ runtime that requires the old calls
and can't use the program header.
(b) A compiler that doesn't use a custom version of crtbegin/crtend
anyway.

I believe that GCC always installs it own copy if build from source and
I am not aware of any other C++ compiler that fulfills (a). So I think
it is good enough to keep them documented as obsolete and no longer
supported.

Joerg