Re: config(5) break down

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 06:50:29PM +0100, Zafer Aydo?an wrote:
 > I'm wholeheartedly behind Julio's statement.
 > Users should never have to rebuild anything.

Er, why?

Users should never have to perform complex unautomated procedures,
because such procedures can easily be screwed up and recovery becomes
difficult or impossible.

But recompiling things isn't a complex unautomated procedure, it's a
complex automated procedure, and not really that much different from
other complex automated procedures like binary updates.

Nor is it necessarily slow; building a kernel doesn't take any longer
than booting Vista...

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost