re: host endianness

   > I had another thought - probably my desire to fix this is misplaced!
   >
   > As pcc is a compiler, its definition of "target" and "host" is not the
   > same as the Makefile definition (doh). The build "target" will be the pcc
   > "host", and we never "build.sh distribution" where the pcc "host" and
   > "target" will differ..

   There are three types used in gnu toolchains:

   target:      architecture which runs binary to be compiled by built tools
compiler
   host:        architecture which runs built tools compiler
   build:       architecture which builds tools complier for target and build
hosts

in netbsd, src/tools/gcc has host == build, target = build.sh -m value.
for /usr/bin/gcc, host == target, and build = anything.

i like the commited change.

iain, the GCC build for /usr/bin/gcc runs a ./configure script as it
needs to build host progarms to run, so, when it comes time to doing
pcc properly cross, that's entirely acceptable as a solution.

.mrg.