re: Peculiar build failure

   >    Making all in doc
   >    rm: /usr/src.401/tools/gmake/../../gnu/dist/gmake/doc/make.info:
Permission denied
   >    rm: /usr/src.401/tools/gmake/../../gnu/dist/gmake/doc/make.info-1:
Permission denied

   > this looks like a timestamp issue we've not seen yet.

   Doh!  Of course.  Touch done, test build now in progress.

   If it would help, I could fairly easily put together an "incremental
   touch" tool, that could generate mtimes in sequence so that a pipeline
   like

i think something like this would be useful.  i might not care often
but often enough to keep most issues dead :-)

thanks.

.mrg.