Toward binpatch (was Re: multiple DESTDIRs)

The original subject was confusing.  What I meant here is binpatch.  Think
we'll find a critical bug just after releasing NetBSD 6.0.  Think it's one
line change in source code.  It'd be nice if we release the patch as a binary
(archive).  Better if it's a binpatch.

Having multiple DESTDIRs is not the goal; it's one of solutions.  An obvious
idea would be use a VCS to version DESTDIR.  But I think it's a bit overkill.

> "Comparing two DESTDIRs" can be done manually, can't it?
> Why/how should it be handled in toolchain?

Because I want to know how releng builds their binpatches (if they do).
Because I don't want releng to do it manually.  Because many NetBSD users do
their own release engineering too.  Both administrators & embedded developers.

Sharing a standard way would be a big win.

Masao

--
Masao Uebayashi / Tombi Inc. / Tel: +81-90-9141-4635