Re: syspkgs and kernel

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009, Masao Uebayashi wrote:
This means we need pkg_add(8) which handles version correctly.

What do you mean here? Is there anything required that the current version handling of pkg_add(8) doesn't cover?

        - installation
          - user deinstalls the old kernel-dependent syspkgs
          - user deinstalls the old kernel
          - user installs the new kernel
          - user installs the new kernel-dependent syspkgs

Personally, I'd prefer to not drop an old kernel (and modules) until i know the new one works. And maybe not even then.

This may be interesting as our pkg_* tools do not (AFAIK) support installing two versions of the same package.

 - Hubert