Re: make cleaning the environment for children

On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 08:51:26 +0000, David Laight writes:
>Adding ".unexport" and ".unexportall" might be safest.

.unexport: for the opposite of .export:

but whether that should touch the inherited environment or not
is another question.  I don't making it do that, but would a more
explicit operation be warranted?

.unexport-env: ?

Note that this operation will leak memory (at least the 1st time)
so should be used sparingly (I'd protect it with .MAKE.LEVEL == 0)

>Whether you add a : depends on whether you think and older make
>should ignore the request or error it.

Do no harm where possible.