Re: make cleaning the environment for children

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 04:44:54PM -0800, Simon J. Gerraty wrote:
 > My main question (apart from does anyone else see the value ;-)

funny you should mention that; see PR 37349 :-)

 > is whether using a 1st arg of '=' as in:
 >
 > .if ${.MAKE.LEVEL} == 0
 > # clean the environment
 > PATH = /bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin
 > .undef .MAKE.EXPORTED
 > .export = PATH
 > .endif
 >
 > is too subtle?

It strikes me as a bad idea from a parsing perspective. Also, it seems
like it shouldn't be necessary (if I understand what it's supposed to
mean) in combination with .undef .MAKE.EXPORTED.

Pity the whole thing doesn't work like .SUFFIXES though for
consistency, but it seems to be a little too late for that.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost