Re: depreciate asm with -traditional-cpp?

uwe%stderr.spb.ru@localhost said:
> some architectures use # as literal prefix

OK, there were enough good reasons not to mess with this.
I'll have to change the Makefile logics instead so that
different compiler drivers can be used for .c and .S.
(Currently the assumption that .S uses ${CC} is hardwired.)

ragge%ludd.ltu.se@localhost said:
> Reiser cpp (in an improved version) is available in-tree in pcc.  (Hm,
> I should probably update it from the master tree, there are a lot  of
> fixes to it).

Can it coexist with a gcc toolchain? In case one wants to try.
I won't have much time in the next weeks, but it sounds like
an interesting option for the future.

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt