Re: GCC-4.3.3 Integration?

matt%3am-software.com@localhost said:
> Probably better to start with GCC 4.4.x sine by the time the next
> NetBSD release 4.4 will be out.  But you need a newer binutils as a
> prerequisite and someone is already starting that work.

Fwiw I've recently built 4.4.1 on current/i386 and it went well,
besides some minor header file problems.
For i386, current binutils are appearently OK.
I've compiled pkgsrc/multimedia/ffmpeg with it where sse2+
acceleration has some problems with gcc-4.1, the result works
without problems so far.

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt