Re: final steps for reproduceable builds.

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 02:18:52PM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> > Seconded. And then we do non-deterministic by default, and deterministic
> > on the build clusters for releases.
>
> There is no obvious reason to do non-deterministic by default.

Yes and no. Deterministic when using build.sh? Should be the default.
When not using build.sh? Should be off, IMO. Keep in mind that bsd.*.mk
are used by third party software as well, so it might be a good idea to
keep the timestamps in the archive for that.

Joerg