Regression tests and build.sh

Should regression tests be a part of the 'build' target? Makefile says they
aren't, but 'build.sh build' seems to invoke 'make regress' and that makes it
fail under certain circumstances (e.g. when building statically). I guess
that setting BUILD_regress=no will work around the problem. Is this behaviour
of build.sh correct? I've tested it on NetBSD 2.1/3.1/4.0.1. Any comments are
welcome.

Best regards.