Re: Stop shipping static libraries for NetBSD

> The main reason for doing this is to move the ABI compatibility
> boundary out into userspace where it belongs.

What makes you say that's where it belongs?  That is, do you have any
specific reasons to cite, or is this just your (and/or various others')
opinion(s)?  (Personally, I think it belongs at the kernel/user
crossing; it's a far better defined and substantially smaller
interface, each of which makes compatability easier.)

Do you have any responses to the "new kernel, old filesystem"
subthread?  I don't recall seeing you either explicitly express a
desire to desupport that or explain how you would preserve it.  Perhaps
I missed something.

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign